Third IUCN Red List of Ecosystems
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, through its Commission on Ecosystem Management (“CEM”) and the Thematic Group “Red List of Ecosystems” (“RLE”), are pleased to announce the Third IUCN Red List of Ecosystems Photo Contest - Ecosystems at the Crossroads. The contest is open to amateur photographers worldwide. Registration will be open from March 31st to June 30th, 2016.
Photographs may be submitted in either of two categories: Wild Beauty and Changing World, and two modalities: Individual Photo and Series of Photos. All submitted photographs will be evaluated in a first round by an international jury. The photographs that receive the highest scores by the jury will move on to a second round. Winning photographs will be those that in the second round obtain the best combined scores of the votes of the public and the jury. Winners will be announced during the IUCN World Conservation Congress, which will take place 1-10 September 2016 in Hawai’i, United States.
In order to submit your photos, please follow the following instructions:
- Carefully read the Official Rules.
- Select the photos you want to submit for the categories and modalities of your preference (you may submit photos in both categories and modalities).
- Gather all the required information for each of your photos, including Title, Description, Continent, Country, Location, Date and Filename. In order to know the location in the continental context, we suggest you use the map below as reference:
- Fill out the Online Form (the submission period is now closed).
- Send us your photos as .jpg or .png files to our email: [email protected] using the heading "Third RLE Photo Contest – Submission".
For more information, please visit the FAQ section.
Finalist photographs from the first round will be chosen by the jury and announced by July 31st. You will then be able to vote for your favorite photographs right here on our website!